INFORMATION ABOUT THE THAILAND VISA
About the eVisa Thailand
The Thailand eVisa on arrival is an electronic visa for travelers who wish to visit Thailand for short stays of up to 15 days. The eVisa Thailand is issued through an online application system. It was introduced to simplify visa processes for citizens of eligible countries who want to travel to Thailand for short-term stays.
The eVisa Thailand can be obtained by completing a simple online application form. Applicants must provide their personal details, travel information and passport data.
eVisa Thailand Authorized Stay and Validity
The Thailand eVisa grants visitors a stay of up to fifteen (15) days in Thailand.
Travelers can apply for the Thailand eVisa at any time. The Thailand eVisa has a validity of 30 days from the moment of approval. However, if the departure date is later than 30 days, the approved Thailand eVisa will be sent prior to the trip, taking into consideration the arrival date.
Note: Until the 30th of April 2020, the government of the Kingdom of Thailand is waiving the additional 2,000 Baht payment when entering to Thailand with an eVisa. For all travellers entering Thailand after this date, it may be required to pay an additional payment of 2,000 Baht (approximately 61 USD) at arrival.
Passport guidelines for the Thailand Visa
Applicants must have a valid passport, which must be valid for a minimum of 30 days from the date of arrival. One page of the passport must be available for an entry stamp. Thailand eVisa holders are granted a 15-day stay at a port of entry in Thailand.
List of countries eligible to apply for an online Visa Thailand
Citizens and nationals from the countries listed below are eligible to apply online for a Thailand eVisa on arrival. Including China, India, Taiwan and Saudi Arabia.
A citizen with a valid passport from one of the eligible countries in this list can apply online here for a visa to visit Thailand.
Authorised landing International Airports
The Thailand eVisa on arrival is valid for entry through designated International Airports:
- Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi International Airport - BKK
- Bangkok - Don Mueang International Airport - DMK
- Phuket - Phuket International Airport - HKT
- Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai International Airport - CNX
Applicants are required to provide personal details, passport and travel information. The applicant’s passport must be from an eligible country. When completing the application, the traveler must use a passport with a minimum of one (1) month validity from the intended date of arrival.
These documents can be submitted at a later time if the applicant does not have them at the moment of application. By accessing the link in their confirmation email, the applicant will be able to return to their application and provide the supporting documents required by the Kingdom of Thailand government.
The following documents will be necessary to complete the application for the Thailand eVisa
- A copy of the biographical page of the passport
- Recent passport-style color photo
- Applicant copy of Arrival and Return Airline Ticket within 15 days
- Confirmation of accommodation booking in Thailand
Requirements to enter Thailand
Upon arrival in Thailand, eVisa holders can go directly to the dedicated fast line for eVisa on arrival and must present the following:
- A printout of the approved Thailand eVisa on arrival
- The passport used for the online application form with one blank page for an entry stamp
- Applicant copy of arrival and return airline ticket within 15 days
- Confirmation of accommodation booking in Thailand
- Proof of sufficient funds for the trip, minimum 10,000 Baht per person or 20,000 Baht per family
- Nationals or residents of the following countries must have a yellow fever vaccination certificate at the port of entry to Thailand to comply with International health Regulations: Angola, Argentina, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda and Venezuela
Check Status for the Thailand eVisa
Once the applicant has submitted the online application, all Thailand eVisa notifications and updates will be sent by email.
The processing time of a Thailand online visa is within 2 business day(s). In some cases, the process may take longer up, to 5 business day(s).
To check the status of your Thailand eVisa application, please click here.
Online eVisa Application for the Thailand eVisa
To apply online for a Thailand eVisa, applicants must have a valid passport, email address, and a credit or debit card.
All of the information provided on the Thailand eVisa application form, such as first and last names, place and date of birth, address, sex, passport number, and nationality, must be exactly as they are written on the applicant’s passport.
All eligible applicants can click here to complete the Thailand eVisa application online.